All-State Honor Ensembles
All-State Music Festival
E-mail Ed Doyle, NHMEA Spring Conference Chair
E-mail Matt Redmond, Band Chair
E-mail Scott Lounsbury, Mixed Chorus Chair
E-mail Michelle Jaques, Orchestra Chair
E-mail Emily Jaworski, Women's Chorus Chair
E-mail Jared Cassedy, Auditions Chair
This page is for files and information specific to the All-State Music Festival (held in conjunction with the Spring Conference). For files and information specific to the Spring Conference, go to the conference page.
Updated NHMEA Home School Policy
NHMEA All State Auditions 2014-2015
Please be sure to read all of the requirements over carefully as there have been a few changes for this year, which are listed below:
1. NHMEA All State Auditions will take place on Saturday, November 15 at Memorial High School in Manchester, NH.
2. All Registration Forms AND Fees will be due (postmarked) by Friday, Oct. 10, 2014. Please plan accordingly!!!!
3. We are introducing an All State Guitar Ensemble as part of NHMEA All State this year. Students selected for this ensemble will rehearse and perform together during the NHMEA/NHBDA Chamber Music Festival at Timberlane Regional High School in January. Students interested in auditioning will audition the same day as NHMEA All State Auditions (Saturday, Nov. 15, 2014). Documents and requirements for auditions that pertain to guitar auditions will be found on the NHMEA website.
4. Some of the scale requirements have changed for some instruments! Some scales have been extended in order to give more weight and equality to all scales that are being required and asked of students. For those extended scales, your students must prepare the articulations as show in the scale files. For scales that have remained in their original state, you should tell your students to prepare the scales slurred ascending and tongued descending. You will be able to find the scale files on the NHMEA website! Be sure that your students use this as they prepare their scales for auditions. Thanks to Rick Anderson of Keene High School for helping out with this! It's a huge contribution!
5. Vocal Aria (Per la Gloria) information is available on the NHMEA website to help assist students and their directors in the audition preparation process. Please note that you will want to see the following pages as well as download the vocal aria for "Per la Gloria" from the NHMEA website as this will be what the students will be preparing for their audition.
It still matches the Patton edition recording that comes with the book. You should still purchase the Patton edition "26 Italian Songs and Aria" book!!!! If you have any questions about the vocal auditions please contact Scott Lounsbury, Mixed Choir Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. If you have any questions regarding editions of books, etc. please do not hesitate to ask. All editions, publishers, and composers are specified directly on the NHMEA Audition Requirements found in the "Quarter Notes" as well as on the NHMEA website.
7. On the following pages you will find the NHMEA All State Audition Requirements for all instruments and voices, the Bach Chorale for vocal auditions, and the Medium High and Medium Low Vocal Aria "Per la Gloria." All other information will be found on the NHMEA website (www.nhmea.org
Should you have any questions, you can contact me at anytime!
NHMEA All State Auditions Chair
Windham High School
64 London Bridge Road
Windham, NH 03087
603.537.2400 x 5229
2014-2015 NHMEA All-State Audition Requirements
Guitar Audition Info And Resources:
Carcassi etude - page 1
Carcassi etude - page 2
Vocal Audition Info and Resources:
There are many ideologies on how the NHMEA All-State Vocal Auditions should be prepared. Each director has his/her own opinion. To clarify the auditions on what is expected and acceptable in the audition and what is not acceptable, the NHMEA Choral Committee created the statement below. We know not everyone will agree with the statement, but this provides a basis for preparing the students.
VOCAL AUDITION ORNAMENTATION STATEMENT
In order to keep all students on a level playing field, and to make the audition process clear for all of the adjudicators, NO ORNAMENTATION WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE NH ALL-STATE AUDITION ARIA. The process, as it stands, allows for students to be adjudicated on intonation, tone, diction, interpretation (dynamics, phrasing, etc) and rhythm.”
Instrumental Audtion Info
1. Viola students need only prepare Movements 1 and 2 of the Marcello, Sonata in G Major
2. *Please be aware that we've updated some of the books to match up with the etude and exercise numbers. Please be aware of updated books for such instruments as French Horn and Clarinet. As new editions come out, page numbers do change etc.
Instumental Audition Scale Information
Some of the scale requirements have changed for some instruments! Some scales have been extended in order to give more weight and equality to all scales that are being required and asked of students. For those extended scales, your students must prepare the articulations as show in the scale files. For scales that have remained in their original state, you should tell your students to prepare the scales slurred ascending and tongued descending. You will be able to find the scale files on the NHMEA website! Be sure that your students use this as they prepare their scales for auditions. Thanks to Rick Anderson of Keene High School for helping out with this! It's a huge contribution!
**For scales that are NOT extended, students are to slur the scales ascending and tongue them descending.
**For scales that ARE extended, students are to perform them with the articulation that is indicated.
Updated May 19, 2014